Thursday, December 6, 2007

Emma´s stay in the Suizo Argentinian


So poor wee Emma got herself one of the more glamourous traveller diseases, a deep vein thrombosis, from doin´ too many long haul bus journeys. After falling over a couple of times, being misdiagnosed several times, spending time in a unequipped hospital in the back o´beyond, she got airlifted to Buenos Aires. I flew down from Quito the day after I heard, to find her all wired up in intensive care. She was in grand form though but not loving the fact that she was attached to the wall with tubes and had to holler for the nurse when in need of the loo. But after a week in intensive care, she was moved upstairs to a regular room - and when I mean regular, I mean with a little living room, a monster bathroom, a bedroom with couch and tv and of course room service. Anyway, she lived it up there, while Sarah and I hung out in a hostal nearby.

Emma has made me update this to take out a reference to a bed pan which I did and to correct her illness. Apologies, she actually had a dvt and a pulmonary embolism too.

No comments: